Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Monday, December 3, 2012

New Hairss: Re-Ombre

Soooo, I was tired of my hair yet again and I refuuuse to cut the length or color it completely-- my solution? Renew my ombre of course! My first ombre experience and tutorial can be found here. Garnier Nutrisse worked so well for my hair the first time so I trusted the brand enough to try it again. This time instead of a brown color I went blonde. Yikes! Scaryyy thought, huh?! Luckily for me it turned out amazingly. All of these photos are taken with my iPhone 4s and it has not been filtered AT ALL. I wanted to show the true color. Thee lovely results. :)


My first ombre below.



I purchased Garnier Nutrisse in 111 Extra-Light Ash Blonde. About $7 at Walmart.


At first I was a bit skeptical but I said 'Ehh, why not. I need a change!' I did my research and there was a risk of my hair turning orange or brassy, but I was lucky it didn't. Since this permanent hair dye is not as harsh as bleach I knew the color would not turn out as platinum blonde as the cover shows but I did run the risk of it turning a bit orange and brassy. I took the risk anyhow. Haha. Depending on your hair color, a box of dye will only lift up to 3 shades lighter AT MOST. It doesn't mean that it will, some people with naturally dark hair don't even see a difference.

Since my hair was ombre'd to a brown before, I wanted to go a couple shades lighter to have a more noticeable ombre. Please note, my hair is not the typical jet black thick Asian hair-- it's actually thin and has shades of red and brown in it already before I ombre'd my hair. I think those are huge aspects as to how my hair can take in lighter color without having to bleach my hair first.

If you want the process on how to ombre your hair the way I did please visit my previous ombre tutorial here. I used the same process this time as well, the only difference was the color.

Like I mentioned before, I did this on my own at my own risk so please if you attempt to do this yourself know that it may not turn out the way you expect it to be. I've been doing my own hair for about 8 years now so I'm comfortable enough to do my hair at my own risk. If you are not comfortable doing your own hair go to a professional salon! Please keep that in mind. :)

The comparison photo of my before ombre (my first ombre) and after ombre. Quite the difference. My first ombre was more reddish brown and my renewed ombre is more golden light brown.



So, these are my wonderful results! The lighting is different in some of these photos which makes my ombre look different because of the angle I took the photos but they are NOT filtered or edited. It's the raw stuff here, I promise. :)











I never had the urge to dye my hair until the ombre trend became popular and now I'm obsessed. I loooove how I can retain my natural hair color and dye only the bottom half. Super fun and I feel like a brand new girl without having to cut my hairss! Whoooop! :)


















29 wonderful thoughts:

  1. You look so beautiful!
    Kisses.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty!!! You did a lovely job. Love the ombre hair trend!

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! So beautiful ;)!
    http://la-petite-frenchie.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous!! x

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'm defo not comfortable with colouring my own hair so I always go to a salon :D

    http://cupidjazmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! It looks beautiful!!!!

    lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks GREAT, you did a good job
    I always do my hair at home as well, but right now I am fighting a losing battle with it and I am going to chop some off this week!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair turned out gorgeous! I LOVE YOUR HAIR! <3

    xoxo
    Sooji

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, look so good on you and I have to sy that you are very beautiful ;)

    <3

    http://elzanapjevic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks stunning, love the ombre! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so gorgeous! I love the ombre. I badly wanna do this to my hair but I can't dye my hair atm! :(

    http://andreadxo.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so pretty!!! I love your hair!
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great!! I love/want ombre hair but my hair is straight and I NEVER wear it wavy...thoughts?

    x Kelsey
    tortoiseinthesun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fabulous! I ombred my hair about a year ago and loved it - think of doing it again.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you look great - now I want to change my hair up too! xo, Kat

    www.loveandace.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. U look great :)
    Would u like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that look u look stunningggggg :)) thanks for yr visit hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice hair style I really luv it :) Would you like to follow each other on GFC and on facebook?

    Let me know or follow me and I'll follow you back.

    http://www.thefcode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly speaking, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! You are so pretty ^_^
    Following your blog now :) Hoping you'll follow mine too. :) Thanks and HAve great day! :)

    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out so good!! You have talent , you look great

    Would you like to stay connected through GFC and Bloglovin?

    xo Amy,
    http://stylechocolatechip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I''ve always wanted to do an ombre! Looks great on you!

    Love your blog :) It'd be great if you could check mine out!

    xx Saira
    http://prettysplendid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great blog :))) x

    WIN A $150 GIFT VOUCHER for DARK HORSE to shop LOW LUV by ERIN WASSON, HOUSE OF HARLOW 1960, KENNETH JAY LANE and WILDFOX JEWELLERY!!!

    ENTER AT WWW.LEGYPSY.COM x

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my word this looks stunning!!
    i cant Believe you did it yourself and didnt go to a professional. so great!
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Love your hair! :D I wanna have my hair dyed sooon so badly too :D

    xoxo
    http://bebe-doll.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun! Love the new look!

    Lydia
    preppychictheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena