Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Friday, September 14, 2012

Lovely Tutorial: Scallop Denim Shorts

Scallops are beyond adorable to me because it's very feminine and sweet. I've been obsessed with denim shorts lately since it's dreadfully hot in the south therefore I made scallop denim shorts. :)

So easy and cute!


Here are the simple steps to make them.

Take a pair of old denim shorts you don't wear anymore.


Make the cut with a pair of scissors. Leave enough length so you can cut the scallops without them turning out too short.


Take a piece of computer paper and fold it in half. Draw one perfect scallop, then fold and cut, fold and cut until you get as many scallops you need to go across your shorts.


Tape the scallop pattern to the bottom of your shorts and start cutting.



That's it! You can apply fray check to the bottom to prevent fraying, but I don't mind if it does so I didn't apply any myself. As simple as that you can have cute scallop denim shorts. Fun fun fun!

Striped loose sweater, cowboy boots, and turquoise chandelier earrings completed this look.






The south has got me loving denim shorts and cowboy boots. :)




5 wonderful thoughts:

  1. oh my gosh love love love! thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) Following you back!

    jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! That's really sweet :)
    Really like those shorts, the scalloping is lovely!

    Do you want to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is brilliant! I might try this.... btw, i'm your newest follower~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena